Monday, September 5

Can't Miss TV



When I was growing up, September was cause for much rejoicing, rejoicing along the lines of: Yippee! It's the new TV season! Of course, times have changed. Now we get the launch of various TV shows scattered throughout the year. There are even new shows launched during the summer now, where summer used to be the dead zone of reruns or third-rate variety shows. Still, despite its downgrade in uniqueness, there's something special about the fall season. Maybe it's that there's still more new shows that launch then than at any other time of the year? Maybe it's just habit? Whatever the case, here's five fall shows I'm really looking forward to:

5. Pan Am. It'll be like Mad Men but without advertising and in the skies! OK, maybe it won't really be like that. Maybe it'll just be nostalgic fun for me since I'm old enough to remember when even little boys and girls put on full suits and ties before getting on a plane.

4. Terra Nova. I'm pretty sure there are supposed to be dinosaurs in this one. When have dinosaurs ever worked in any show filmed for the small screen? But, you know, Steven Spielberg. Plus, small screens are much bigger now!

3. The X Factor. Because I need another entertainment/competition reality show in my life!

2. The New Girl. Zooey Deschenel. Zooey Deschanel. Zooey Deschanel. It's just so much fun to say Zooey Deschanel! The first episode was available On Demand even though it hasn't aired yet on network TV - how quaint! I just said "network TV"! We saw it and all gave it thumbs-up. It was really cute. Plus, you know, Zooey Deschanel.

1. Luther, Season 2. I know, I know, I'm cheating and this isn't a new-new show. It's the second season of a BBC show that's already aired over in England but who cares??? I just found out that my favorite new-to-me show of last year - Luther! Luther!! Luther!!! - has ts U.S. premier on September 28. Could I be any more excited? I could not.

So how about you? What upcoming new shows or returns of old favorites have you champing at the bit?

Be well. Don't forget to write.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Fall TV awesome? I get all excited, too.

Terra Nova is one of the shows I'm looking forward to. It's a Spielberg show and I've heard it's the most expensive production in TV history. Fox is spending some money on it.

The Secret Circle and Ringer on The CW are two more I'm planning to sample.

I'll have to check out The New Girl. Which network is it on?

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

Oh, so many good shows! How am I going to watch them all? (Thank god for DVRs and Hulu...) Pan Am looks great and, I agree with Lexus Luke -- Terra Nova sounds awesome!
Mary @BookSwarm

Patrice said...

New Girl looks great I am happy it will be on Fox and not some other channel I don't have.

Erica said...

I'm super excited for The Secret Circle, Ringer, and Once Upon a time they all look great.

I hadn't really heard of New Girl but everyone is raving about it, so I figure I better check it out.

Julie J. said...

I'm really enjoying The Secret Circle and have DVR'd every episode of Terra Nova but haven't had the opportunity to watch yet. This is my favorite season of TV viewing!