Gautami if you could email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I'll get that sent out to you asap!
Oh yes! This is the final day of promo week here at Teen Fiction Cafe and I hope you've all been enjoying the characters interviews as much as I have (though it's to my mortal embarassment that Linda and Simone have had such well behaved heroines and heroes who could answer a question in one word!).
Anyway, for my second interview I thought I'd talk to Mia Everett who is the heroine of my upcoming young adult novel, ZOMBIE QUEEN OF NEWBURY HIGH, which is the story of a teenage girl who accidently turns her whole school into zombies and is forced to work with an annoying stuck-up zombie hunter and a best friend who keeps trying to chew off her arm, in order to find a cure before prom night turns into an all-you-can-eat buffet.
Unfortunately, since the book isn't out yet, I can't offer it up as a prize, so instead I've decided to give away a copy of Sara Hantz's gorgeous debut book, THE SECOND VIRGINITY OF SUZY GREEN - which I hasten to add has nothing to do with zombies, but everything to do with a great read, and all you have to do is leave a comment to be in with a chance of winning it.
2. What is your least favorite word? Zombies. Trust me if you had 500 of them trying to eat you, then you wouldn’t be too fond of the word either.
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Being in the house by myself so I can draw and play the music as loud as I want. Unfortunately, despite the fact my cow of a sister has gone to college, she still tends to turn up ALL the time and I swear it’s just to remind that I’m living in her shadow.
4. What turns you off? Having to watch a group of almost-zombies chowing down on Benny’s burgers. Shudder.
5. What is your favorite curse word? Shit. So multipurpose.
6. What sound or noise do you love? Is it too pathetic to say that I love listening to Ward McKenzie’s accent? He’s this zombie slayer from England and while he can be totally annoying (and by annoying I mean that he thinks the only way to fix the zombie outbreak is to cut everyone’s head off), he does have an insanely cool accent. I could listen to it all day, which is probably lucky, since until we find a cure, we're stuck with each other.
7. What sound or noise do you hate? My biology teacher, Mr Haves has the most heinous laugh you’ve ever heard. Unfortunately, because he’s also dating my mom, I get to hear it far too often.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Well, if I manage to avoid getting chomped by some flesh-hungry zombies, I’d like to be a graphic designer.
9. What profession would you not like to do? Anything too girly. My sister Grace thinks that unless you dress like a Barbie doll, you can’t get ahead in the world.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “Hey, Mia Everett. I’ve heard of you...”