Tuesday, October 14

Which way to the restroom??????

Embarrassing moments..... hmm.... there have certainly been a few over the years. But there's one, that's not only embarrassing, but I've repeated on more than one occasion. WTF!!!! I'm sure you're wondering how embarrassing it can be if I'm stupid enough to repeat it over and over again. Well, see for yourself..... after I tell you about the first time.....

Many years ago when at college, I just had enough time between lectures to pop to the restroom. It wasn't one I'd visited before, and immediate first impressions of decor, smell, and funny silver 'thing' running alongside one wall, made me momentarily decide that I probably wouldn't visit again. Anyway, needs must, so I went into the cubicle, of which there was only one (with hindsight, also weird considering the size of the restroom). Several minutes later I emerged, poised to wash my hands before leaving, and I'm greeted with a room FULL OF MEN!!! OMG I nearly died on the spot. But did what any self-respecting girl would do under the circumstances..... looked forward, clutched the handle of the bag on my shoulder and marched outside.... complete with heart pounding so loud in my ears I swear they could hear it 5 miles down the road.

And as I mentioned, on several occasions since I have ended up in the men's restroom by mistake..... WHY???? Am I unable to read the signs on the door? Or am I unable to distinguish between the figure of a man or woman they put up there...... I guess it could be that...... I never wear my glasses when I'm out (only wear them for TV and driving)..... okay, so I'm grappling for excuses here...

So, is it me.... or have any of you ever done this?????

8 comments:

Jessica Burkhart said...

LOL. I can say I've never done that, but there's still time! :)

Amanda Ashby said...

Hahaha - now why do I have no problems believing you could do this more than once????

I must confess that I have used the mens' room before when I was at a concert and the queue for the womens' was crazy. Anyway a friend and I both decided to bite the bullet and go into the empty one instead - it wasn't pretty - but it sure bet waiting!!!

Alyson Noel said...

I did this in Greece! It's not my fault they have a funky alphabet that's virtually unreadable (to non-Greeks anyway!) But even though I have that built in excuse, it was still totally humiliating to exit and walk straight into a swarm of snickering women!

The second time I did this, it was on purpose . . .
:-D

Sara Hantz said...

Are you sure it was on purpose, Alyson hahahaha

Wendy Toliver said...

That is so funny! I think we all fear going into the wrong bathroom.

Okay, get this. Once I was cleaning the bathroom at the grocery store I worked at in high school and a man walked right past the bright yellow "bathroom being cleaned" sign and proceeded to pee in the urinal only a few feet away from me. I was frozen in shock. Then he washed his hands and smiled at me in the mirror. I was mortified!

Sara Hantz said...

OMG, Wendy!!!!!! That could scar a girl for life.

Melissa Walker said...

i've only done it on purpose in crowded situations, but i can totally see myself doing this--easy mistake, sara!

Lauren Baratz-Logsted said...

Ah, bathroom embarrassments. How about the time in college when the girl behind me in line was too drunk to understand that the single stall had a busted lock, that if I hadn't exited I must still be going, impatiently turned the knob, opening the door so half the bar could see me pee?