Tuesday, December 14

A Very Bag Day

So this week at Teen Fiction Cafe it's all about fashion and style and since I've got nothing but a looming deadline, I thought I would give you all a little visual of some of my favorite retro handbags - okay, so I say retro but my husband calls them something else that I couldn't possibly repeat on a nice blog like this!


Handbag one - The Doormat. I love this bag so much and I'm pretty sure that it really is made out a doormat. But since it pretty much goes with everything and is incredibly robust, it's a keeper!





















Handbag two - The Dynasty Collection. How adorable is this? I mean it's fake patent leather and it has a very large fan in the middle of it. Of course it's also totally impractical and considering the size of it you can only fit in a lipstick and some cash, but sometimes you've got to suffer for retro handbag fashion



















Handbag three - Fancy Dynasty
. Yes, very similar to the fake patent leather but instead it's fake snakeskin in a gorgeous navy. It can also be worn as a clutch at night time and it has a zip so it doesn't matter if you turn it upside down, nothing nasty can fall out (and by nasty I mean all the shopping dockets that I forget to throw out).






















Handbag four - The Seventies Never Left People
I can't tell you how long it took me to find this little baby but it was so worth the wait. I love it, and of course in the true spirit of retro handbags, it only cost six dollars!



















Handbag five - Apple Green Heaven. This gorgeous little creation was actually the one that started my love of old handbags in the first place. Isn't it gorgeous and it even comes with with a little mirror in case of any spinach-in-teeth emergencies!



















So that's me and my life of retro handbags. Does anyone else have any little treasures that can't stop buying regardless of what certain misunderstood people in their life might think???????

5 comments:

Lauren Baratz-Logsted said...

I love bags.

Wendy Toliver said...

I loved seeing the snapshots of your handbags, Amanda! I'm afraid mine are a bit more modern but I've yet to find the perfect blend of cute, functional, unique, comfy, affordable, and goes-with-almost-everything. Oh well. The hunt is half the fun, right? :)

Amanda Ashby said...

Lauren - snap!!!!

Wendy - sure is!!!! We will have to go bag shopping together!!!!! Btw, I put Lifted on our teen noticeboard at the library this month and I noticed that there are already two reserves on it and both copies are checked out - yay!!!!!

Sara Hantz said...

I recognise every one of those bags, and can vouch for their everyday use!!!!!

Stephanie Kuehnert said...

Soooo cute!!! thanks for sharing. I love bags too! And the hunt for vintage stuff is the best!