Oh, where do I even begin?
World peace and all that, but that's a given.
1. Three years ago, I had a wild ambulance ride involving my blacking out in the middle of Grand Central Station and fracturing my skull. The cause? Sudden onset of adult allergies--to seafood. I can't TOUCH it. Eat it. I'm not even sure if I can smell it. If I do, I go into shock. I carry an Epi-pen at all times. Which means, the ONE food that brings me JOY, that I adore, that I could eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, is off-limits. That's right. Sushi. In a perfect world, I could eat it. Lots of it.
2. As long as we're in a perfect world, there would be an Erica channel on cable. It would play all my favorite shows, and carry all my favorite movies, 24/7. I would turn it on and watch Love Actually. I might next flick it on and see an old movie I love, like The Bishop's Wife. Then there would be my Law & Order BBC version. And all the ones from America with Bobby Goren. Whatever the heck I wanted to watch, it would be on. And it would be on when I have insomnia at 3:00 a.m., which is about three nights a week.
3. I used to think I'd cure my insomnia. But I have to admit, finding an extra couple of hours here and there is groovy. I would just like for my coffee to have not only caffeine but some weird restorative power so that the day AFTER my insomnia bouts, I would drink it and feel fresh as a daisy. It's my world after all.
4. In a perfect world, my phobia of flying would be cured by new technology from Star Trek. I would be able to beam myself where I needed to go. Dinner in Florida with my best friend? Beam me up, Scotty. I'm there. We're eating sushi. It's all good and I still can fly back to tuck in Pirate Boy.
5. Finally, in a perfect world? I would have a rich old uncle leave me a zillion dollars so I could buy a bigger house. My parents moved in with me this week. I have three kids still living at home. It's a tight squeeze. We're busting at the seams. I'd like a house with WINGS. Or at least a couple more bedrooms!
How about you? What's in your perfect world?