Monday, June 18

Weddings and anniversaries and book launches, oh my!

So this week's theme is "Calendar/Events".

I don't know about you guys, but June is always super-busy for me with weddings and anniversary parties. I love weddings and parties as much as the next person, but for anyone reading this who may be planning a wedding in the next year or so, I would strongly urge you to, in the interest of staggering your friends' and relatives' social calendar, consider a lovely Winter wedding. Or why not go completely wild and do what nobody ever does: a Fall wedding! (I can see it now: harvest vegetables, hay...well, okay, maybe not.)

Preparations for a graduation (elementary school, but still) and then camp are gearing up, too. It's all good, just a tad crazy-making, because the usual mundane things--meeting deadlines, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.--still have to get done. (Sigh.)

Are all of you as insanely busy in June as I am?

The real reason for a "Calendar/Events" theme is probably for me to apprise you of book-related stuff. (Not to relate stories about how I'm tearing my hair out because THERE'S JUST TOO DARN MUCH TO DO!) So now is as good a time to remind you all that Beyond Cool, the sequel to I Was a Teenage Popsicle, is due out in August--woohoo! I believe August 7th is the official release date. (But you can pre-order it at www.amazon.com if you can't wait!) If you buy it (pretty please?!) and like it, please comment on www.amazon.com or www.barnesandnoble.com or www.chapters.ca. (Chapters and Indigo are one and the same.) Thanks soooooo much in advance!

I'm gonna be having a big launch party signing sometime in September ('cuz everybody from Toronto goes up north in August) at the Yonge-Eglinton Indigo branch. (Indigo is the Canadian Barnes & Noble.) Watch my other blog (www.myspace.com/bevkatzrosenbaum) for the announcement re: the final launch party date!

Okay, off to cook, wash, label, pack...

Love ya!

Bev

5 comments:

Alyson Noel said...

Hey Bev-
June is insane for me to- as well as July- August- September . . .in fact, it never seems to end!
Congrats on your sequel, can't wait to check it out-- and have fun at your launch party!
Alyson

Sara Hantz said...

Wow, Bev! Good luck with everything. Especially the book launch!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Yes, I am sooo busy!! I have birthdays and anniversaries and I can't even think. haha! Good luck with everything!

Simone Elkeles said...

Bev,
I had a book out in April and June, so I'm finding myself so swamped I don't know where to begin! I always wait for "summer" because I think I'm going to sip tea and relax and have fun. It amazes me every year that it's not the case!
~Simone

bevrosenbaum said...

Thanks, Alyson and Sara! Kelly and Simone, good to know it's not just me!
Bev