Tuesday, September 29

Blogs

I don't know about you but I have certain blogs that I visit every day without fail. And if I forget I get really twitchy, in case I've missed something crucial (gossip is crucial, in case you're wondering).

The only trouble was the time it took to go from one to another. So when a friend told me about Google Reader where I could read all my blogs at once, it was great. Now I go into Google Reader several times a day and can keep up, no problem. It's perfect.

It got me thinking, though, that by using Google Reader I'm not registering on a blog's statistics. So, someone with a blog might think they're getting less visitors than they really are.

What about you. Do you use Google Reader? And if so how many on your roll?

9 comments:

Kelsey said...

I read this post through google reader. I think it is pretty much impossible to keep up with all the 200 or so blogs I track through google reader along with life and everything else, it's hard enough to skim through the 100+ I get everyday in google reader! But I manage by doing it before school and then after school and before bed. :)

Kim Harrington said...

I love Google Reader. I read this post through it! I follow 30-40 blogs through the reader. If it didn't exist and I had to go to each blog manually, I wouldn't have the time and would have to prune my list to 5-10. So, I'm glad it exists! Every morning, I can eat breakfast and read through the posts lighting-quick.

Wendy Toliver said...

It sounds cool.

Lauren Baratz-Logsted said...

I do not use Google Reader. Seriously, I'm such a tech-not, it's amazing I can use email without doing great damage.

Alyson Noel said...

I totally rely on Google Reader for all of my blog skimming--don't know what I'd do without it!

pepsivanilla said...

I love Google Reader! I have 81 blog subscriptions on it, and now I don't have to check every single blog for new posts :)

Melissa Walker said...

I do! I have like 200 blogs on there too, and I can't keep up... but I try!

Sara Hantz said...

Lauren you'll love it and it's so easy to set up.... if I can do it anyone can!!!!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't do this without Google Reader. I'll go through new posts listed and star the ones I want to go back and read more or respond to. Makes things so much easier.