Monday, December 27

Movies, Books, TV, Music...But Really: Snow!!!


I'd really like to talk about the movie I'm going to go see today but I can't...because there's a four-foot drift of snow outside my door! I'd also like to talk about all the TV shows and music I'm interested in but I can't...because I'm obsessing about the foor-foot drift of snow outside my door!

So what can I do?

Well, I guess I can talk a bit about the upcoming year and how excited I am about all I've got going on. But really, I'm only doing that...so I can stop thinking for a few minutes about the foor-foot drift of snow outside my door!

In 2011, I've got a lot going on. Three of my YA books will have their paperback releases: Crazy Beautiful on January 3 (just eight days away!); The Education of Bet in April; and The Twin's Daughter in August. The next two books in The Sisters 8 series for young readers will also be released simultaneously in hardcover and paperback: Book 7 Rebecca's Rashness in May and Book 8 sometime in the fall. But finally, what I'm perhaps most excited about...

LITTLE WOMEN & ME comes out in hardcover on August 16!

Here's the publisher's description of LITTLE WOMEN & ME:

Emily is sick and tired of being a middle sister. So when she gets an assignment to describe what she'd change about a classic novel, Emily pounces on Little Women. After all, if she can't change things in her own family, maybe she can bring a little justice to the March sisters. (Kill off Beth? Have cute Laurie wind up with Amy instead of Jo? What was Louisa May Alcott thinking?!) But when Emily gets mysteriously transported into the world of the book, she discovers that righting fictional wrongs won't be easy. And after being immersed in a time and place so different from her own, it may be Emily-not the four March sisters-who undergoes the most surprising change of all. Lauren Baratz-Logsted's winning confection will appeal to fans of Little Women as well as anyone who enjoys a modern twist on an old favorite.

And why, you wonder, am I so excited about this particular book? Because even though it's not coming out for another eight months, it's already receiving lots of early blogger love, appearing on several lists of Most Anticipated Titles of 2011.

I hope all the anticipation proves worth it. I hope people read and enjoy the book. I hope the book does well enough that I can go on having a career as a writer. I hope no one curses the day I was born, or at least not over this. I hope...I hope...I hope...

I HOPE A GENIE APPEARS AND DOES SOMETHING ABOUT THIS FOOR-FOOT DRIFT OF SNOW OUTSIDE MY DOOR!

Oops, what's that you say? All the genies are currently busy? Rats. I suppose that means that I'm going to have to save myself from that foor-foot drift of snow. Ah, well.

Before I go do that, let me just say that I hope that, whatever you celebrate, you got to read great books, saw great movies and TV, and heard great music this year. Please use the comments section to tell me what those were so that if I ever make it back inside from outside, I'll know what to look for.

Be well. Don't forget to write.

4 comments:

Amanda Ashby said...

Lauren - snap - I actually didn't realize you had written Little Women and Me until I saw it getting some blog love!!!! Anyway, it looks amazing and let's hope that it will be the cherry on what is looking like an amazing publishing year for you!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I'm sending over some NZ sunshine to melt that snow for you!!!!!!

Stephanie Kuehnert said...

HOLY COW that is a lot of books, Lauren! Congrats! Little Women & Me sounds wonderful. One that I know my mom will love too because she read me Little Women and has Always adored that book since she has so many sisters.

Good luck digging out of that snow though!

Sara Hantz said...

Can't wait to read Little Women and Me, it's one of my all time favorite books.

Melissa Walker said...

Lauren, you are so prolific! I love the idea behind this one, and I've seen lots of buzz! Yay!