Friday, September 4

GNF: You like me? You really like me?!?

I've been hiding out for a few weeks just trying to get part of a third book written. Should be finishing that up over the weekend (cross your fingers that I can do it and that my agent likes it and that it eventually leads to more good news), but I wanted to pop over and celebrate a bit today because Ballads of Suburbia is continuing to get some amazing reviews from the people who matter most.... teens and other readers!!!!!

Publishers Weekly never reviewed the book, which kinda disappointed me, but today this wiped that disappointment away. A teen reviewer on the PW blog called Ballads "unforgettable" and recommended it to anyone in high school!

I've gotten a bunch of other reviews from YA book bloggers which I am going to link to on my website as soon as I meet my deadline. But a couple other recent ones that made me smile were from Shooting Stars Mag and Harmony Book Reviews.

Also Julia, a bookseller from the fabulous LA bookstore Book Soup, wrote up a fantastic review which compared me to an adult writer I really love, Hubert Selby, Jr.

So it's been a good week for reviews. And that is keeping the inspiration alive while I try to get this next writing project going.

Thanks for letting me share! Have you gotten any motivating news lately?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, that's awesome! Congrats! :)

D Swizzle said...

Congrats :) I wrote a review too-loved it!

Melissa Walker said...

Soooo awesome! Can't wait to read it!

Lauren said...

That's great! It sounds like a fantastic book - i'll definitely have to check it out.

MarjoleinBookBlog said...

Congrats! Hope to read and review it too in the nearby future!Heard only great things about your book!

Stephanie Kuehnert said...

Thanks for all the congrats guys! And Dannie, I just saw your review! Thank you so much for your kind words. I will be adding it to my website!