Sunday, January 16

You'll find me here.... and here.... and here....


So, this week we're talking about our favorite haunt.... and you know what, it's not easy to pin point exactly where my most favorite place is. It all depends. If I'm at a writers conference, you can't beat hanging out in the bar or a restaurant putting the whole publishing world to rights... and believe me that can take you well into the early hours of the morning.

Then, I got to thinking about book shops. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them and can spend hours just looking at all the books. When my kids were younger and we were passing a book shop in the mall they'd get hold of one hand each and drag me past, because they knew if I went in there they'd never get me out.

And let's not forget the theatre - is there any place better than sitting about 10 rows back in the stalls watching a musical????????

And what about awesome scenic places, like Te Mata Peak near where I live. It's the most fabulous, awesome, peaceful place and I never get tired of going there.

So, I have lots of favorite haunts... what about you?

6 comments:

Patricia's Particularity said...

Of course I can't leave out book stores either. One of my favorite things is to get a cup of coffee at Barnes with my hubby and we ready for a few hours and talk. Just relax.

Most of my other favorite haunts are in England ~ Chawton House garden, Tower of London. I can spend all day in these places (and I have).

Sara Hantz said...

Oh yes, Patricia so many awesome places in England to visit!

Gerb said...

I love bookstores, too. There's a fabulous huge one in Helsinki (Akateeminen Kirjakauppa) that carries books in a variety of languages, including English - which was a plus when I lived in Finland. Also, the bookstore was designed by Alvar Aalto so just being in the space was soothing to the soul... and did I mention four floors of books?! I could (and did) spend all day in there and be perfectly content.

Sara Hantz said...

WOW, Gerb, I'd love to go there!

Melissa Walker said...

I'm into parks. I love them! Especially big ones where I can get lost. I think it's the fact that I live in NYC and don't get to experience that much nature, so parks fill a void.

Kay Cassidy said...

TOTALLY book shops, Sara. Okay, those and office supply stores. Both of those are like candy stores to me - can browse for hours. Book shops are infinitely more homey than office supply stores, granted, but both are my kryptonite when it comes to "Just stopping in for a minute" jaunts that turn into "Wow, has it really been two hours?" :-)