Friday, September 19

Find the Funny

I have another coping mechanism to add to Alyson's great list below. Helps me survive still and I'm far from adolescence. My strategy? Laugh. I don't know about you, but I make a lot of mistakes. It really helps if I can laugh about it.

One of the things I get wrong constantly are lyrics to songs. It's been a long-standing joke with my family. Sometimes they let me go on believing I know what I'm singing and then wait until I make a total fool of myself by belting it out wrong at the most inopportune times. It's embarrassing. But I have to admit misheard lyrics are funny.

Here's one of my favorites:



Potato wave. Hehe. Make me fries.

Shameless plug: If you want some more giggles, come on over to lindagerber.blogspot.com and take a look at some of the outrageous lies going on at the DEATH BY LATTE launch party.

Really. Laughter is the best medicine.

4 comments:

Wendy Toliver said...

Oh yes! Make me fries Too funny! Makes it hard to figure out/recall the real lyrics when you're watching that. My DH is notorious for making up lyrics but his aren't quite that funny.

Alyson Noel said...

So THAT's what that song's about!
Hilarious- thanks for posting!

And I totally agree, laughter can get me through just about anything!

Amanda Ashby said...

Hahaha - this is a favorite game in our family as well. Wendy, I don't think our husbands should ever meet or they would try to outdo each other!!!

Melissa Walker said...

Hilarious video! I'm the big lyric-corrector among my friends, who ALWAYS get them wrong. I'm kind of a stickler when we sing karaoke.