Tuesday, September 2

Please...know the name of your school!

I am the Queen of Embarrassing Moments. Seriously. So, here's one for your enjoyment!

Last year, I interviewed a local business owner. He was a nice older guy and he told me about his kids and how proud he was that they had attended Florida State University. He asked me, "So, where do you attend college?"

I attended the same school, so I started to say, "Why, I attend Florida State University!" Instead, I said, "I attend Tennessee State University." Um, no I don't. I moved from TN to FL five years ago and never attended college there.

I realized my mistake and I said, (I kid you not) "Oh, excuse me! I meant to say Tallahassee State University." WRONG AGAIN! Tallahassee State University doesn't even exist! What the heck?!

I managed to choke out, "Florida State U" before crawling away.

Was my brain on vacation?

15 comments:

Lauren Baratz-Logsted said...

Oh, Jessica - now, *that's* hysterical!

Gerb said...

LOL. Brain-disconnect. Isn't it fun?

Jessica Burkhart said...

It was soooo embarrassing!! LOL

TJ Brown said...

Snicker... I have done things like that. Once I told a guy who had flaked out on one interview about all the people who flake out on me. Silence. Then he laughed. Good thing he had a sense of humor.
Teri

Alyson Noel said...

LOL!
My foot can often be found in my mouth!

Stephanie Kuehnert said...

Totally sounds like something I would do when I'm flustered too!

Jessica Burkhart said...

Whew! Glad I'm not the only one, girls! :)

Carrie Harris said...

Thank god that I'm not the only person who does things like that.

Kimbra Kasch said...

I always tell people, "I'm having a senior moment."

But then they look at me like I'm crazy - 'cause I'm not a senior - yet.

Wendy Toliver said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Sara Hantz said...

OMG.............. sorry Jessica but that made me laugh outloud!!!!!!

Amanda Ashby said...

Jessica - heheheehe - that is too funny!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa Walker said...

HILARIOUS! I sometimes spontaneously lie by accident. It's insane. And then I have to back my way out of it. So weird.

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

I'm terrible at on the spot convo. blah, blah, blah. lol

Janette Rallison said...

That is sooo something I would do.