Sunday, July 4

Money, Money, Money... In the News

I've lived in three countries and traveled to five continents and I have to tell you, US money may be one of the most collected currencies in the world as far as holding its value goes, but it's also been the most boring to look at.

I mean, what's up with the monochromatic theme we've had going on for so long? I like color. I like shiny. So it was fun and interesting to me to read this article... and to see that our new bills are taking on a European flair!

Look at all this assembly line money! Makes me want to sing a little O'Jays...

4 comments:

Amanda Ashby said...

Gerb, you would like Australian money - it's ridiculously bright!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banknotes_of_the_Australian_dollar

Wendy Toliver said...

I agree: artistic, brightly colored money would be much better! Thanks for sharing, Gerb!

Sara Hantz said...

I was just going to mention the Australian money too, it's so bright I love it!!!

Melissa Walker said...

I love bright money. Agreed. We're too buttoned up here!