Sara’s post on Monday gave me such a hankering for sweet treats that I had to do my very first TFC post on my top five favorite treats. I’ll admit it, I have a huge sweet tooth. My tastes have grown up a bit over the years, but I still love some of the same treats I did when I was little. So here, in no particular order, are my top five faves:
1. Golden Oreos - There is almost always a package of these (or two or three if they’re on sale) in our pantry. Why? Vanilla sandwich cookies are the absolute best for dunking in milk. (I’m a dunker from way back.)
2. Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies - L-O-V-E. But I’ll easily eat half a sleeve at a sitting if I’m not paying attention (and have a full glass of milk - again with the dunking). I've learned that I have to take out however many cookies I’m planning to eat and put the bag back in the pantry. I don’t know why it’s so easy to eat them out of the sleeve. Maybe because you can’t really see how many you’ve eaten? I’m not sure. (And holy moley... this picture makes my stomach jealous. Chips Ahoy S'mores!!!)
3. Krispy Kreme glazed yeast donuts - Especially if they’re still warm from the oven. Heaven. Donuts just don’t get any better than this, in my opinion.
4. Rice Krispies treats - I hadn’t had these in years until I tried one of the prepackaged kind they sell now. They were okay, but it made me want to go home and make my own batch from scratch. And oh boy, were they ever good! Except they got rock hard almost immediately. (Does anyone have a tip for how to keep this from happening to my marshmallowy goodness?)
5. Cherry chip cake with cherry frosting - I know, I hear some of you gagging out there. ;-) But I had this for my birthday every year growing up, so it’s as much a sentimental favorite as a sweet favorite. I tend to scrape off more of the icing nowadays, but it’s still the best birthday cake this girl could ask for.
What about you? When you're in the mood for a treat, what do you reach for first?