Friday, April 17

And even more good news (but not for me)!




My husband's the one with the good news today. His forthcoming book from Simon & Schuster, ALIBI JUNIOR HIGH - about a 13-year-old boy used to globetrotting with his CIA dad whose forced into hiding out as a normal kid when a case turns bad - just got a really nice review from Kirkus:
Growing up with a covert operative for a father, 13-year-old Cody Saron is prepared for almost anything that comes his way. Now living in a small Connecticut town after narrowly avoiding an assassin’s bomb, Cody may not be so lucky in the halls of his new middle school. Instead of focusing on the rather standard “out of his element” plot, Logsted knows that the best way to draw readers in is with action, and the pages are packed with karate and midnight excursions. Cody has an older foil, Andy, a discharged Army Ranger who lost an arm in Iraq, and the two characters bond over post-traumatic dtress disorder and the challenges of adapting to civilian life. Highly educated and socially awkward, Cody has confrontations with his teachers that will resonate with readers of all backgrounds. A convoluted resolution is mostly lost in the action-packed conclusion, but with guns, kicks and silencers, it’s not really important. Funny and fast paced, this fits right in with the beach-read crowd. (Fiction. 10-14)

11 comments:

Gerb said...

Oooh! Awesome! You know how much I am looking forward to this book! Congrats to Greg!!!

Melissa Walker said...

Yay for Greg! The book looks incredible. Tell him to hit me up if he wants to share another cover story--love this one!

Alyson Noel said...

PURE AWESOMENESS!!

Erika Powell said...

so much good news today! yay for greg!

Sara Hantz said...

Awesome review, congrats Greg!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Wonderful!!

A Paperback Writer said...

I just put a copy on pre-order after reading this. But I hate that I now have to WAIT to read it. grrrr.
My 7th graders will love this.

Sara Z. said...

I didn't know your hub was a writer! You should blog sometime about living in a two-writer household. :) (or maybe you have)

Wendy Toliver said...

WTG, Greg!

Lauren Baratz-Logsted said...

Thanks, everyone!

Paperback Writer, I have no doubt your 7th graders will love it and I'm thrilled you preordered.

Sara, there are actually three writers under my roof. Greg and I along with our nine-year-old daughter Jackie are the creators of The Sisters 8 series for young readers aged 6-10 from Houghton Miffflin.

Kay Cassidy said...

What a terrific concept! Please tell him I'd love to have it in The Great Scavenger Hunt Contest to go with Something Happened. Librarians are clamoring for more fabulous boy books! :-)