Monday, April 13

Before Sunrise and Before Sunset

Sometimes you see a movie you love so much, it stays with you far after the credits have rolled. This was what it was like to me after I saw Before Sunrise.

Two disclaimers. One, this isn't an action flick. Two, I don't usually like Ethan Hawke.

But I loved this movie. The acting and the dialogue are superb and the premise, meeting your soul mate on a train and only having twelve hours together... wow. So implausible. So unreal. So... romantic!



I saw this movie late in the game, so I was delighted when I discovered that a sequel, Before Sunset, had already been made. My fingers couldn't order it quick enough from netflix.



The movie picks up nine years later when the couple meet again in Paris after Ethan Hawke,(Jesse) writes a best selling novel about their first meeting. In the first movie, the couple walks and talks in Vienna. In the second one, they walk and talk in Paris.

Happy sigh. So if you are in the mood for romance, check out these movies... but make sure you have the second one waiting to go into the DVD player right after you watch the first one. You are gonna want to see how it turns out!

5 comments:

Alyson Noel said...

I've been meaning to watch both of these for awhile now!

Thanks for the reminder!

TJ Brown said...

You are going to love them!
Teri

Rhonda Helms said...

OMG YES!!! Yes, I love these two movies SOOOOO much. I have them at home...thanks for reminding me! I think it's time to bust them out again. *romantic sigh*

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

I've only seen the first one, but I remember it having some great lines.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me... I love these two movies too. But I think that Ethan Hawke was perfect and he was the only able for this character because he performed naturally. He is a great actor.