Wednesday, April 22

Body Image Week at My Favorite Author

It's Anything Goes week here at TFC. This is a crosspost from my sarazarr.com blog, but the topic is important to so many of us and I want to spread the word...

The issue of body image and loving the skin that you're in is something that affects everyone in different ways and in different degrees, and if you've been reading my blog awhile, you know it's a topic near and dear to me. There are some recent and soon-to-be released books that address various aspects of the issue. SpeedReader of MyFavoriteAuthor has organized a Body Image Week with many other bloggers and authors participating with book reviews, author interviews/guest posts/videos, a couple of challenges and a great book giveaway at the end. I'll be guest posting on Saturday!

So check them out today to see the full schedule of the week's events and where the various posts will be showing up around the blogosphere. And don't forget to accept the Body Image Challenge today! Everyone who accepts the challenge and reports back at the end of the week will be entered in the giveaway to win:

WINTERGIRLS (signed) by Laurie Halse Anderson (collector's item!)
MY BIG NOSE AND OTHER NATURAL DISASTERS by Sydney Salter (Utah author!)
THE SECRETS OF TRUTH AND BEAUTY by Megan Frazer (I've read this one - it's good!)
MODELS DON'T EAT CHOCOLATE COOKIES by Erin Dionne (sounds fun!)
(Was that too many exclamation points?)

Here's the link again: http://myfavoriteauthor.blogspot.com/
Go to it, and spread the word...

3 comments:

Marie said...

This sounds awesome! I already read Wintergirls so maybe I will join up!

Melissa Walker said...

So cool, Sara! I'll join in and post about it this week sometime!

Kay Cassidy said...

What an awesome idea! My upcoming has a major focus on what image is really about (and *isn't* about, which is just as important!), so it's a big hot button issue for me. Totally heading over to check it out. Thanks for the heads-up, Sara!