Monday, August 23

New Books!!!!!

One of the questions I get asked a lot is why I chose to write YA. The answer is simple: I love to read YA, so it's a natural for me to write it. There are so many really amazing YA choices out there right now, it's hard to imagine not reading YA. This month is a good example. Just counting my pre-orders, there are eight new titles about to join my TBR pile.

(Yes, I'm an addict. My TBR pile is constantly growing and spawning other TBR piles. I can't help myself. The anticipation of a new book is, to me, delicious.)

The good news is, both my editor and agent are on vacation this week and I have no deadlines looming. Plus, the kids went back to school today so I'll have seven glorious hours to myself each day to read! Which is a blessing, because check out the books I can't wait to get my hands on:

23rd: DEAD IS JUST A RUMOR by GCC sistah Marlene Perez

24th: SABATOGED: MISSING by critique partner Margaret Peterson Haddix


And
of course MOCKINGJAY by Suzanne Collins

31st: THE CLOCKWORK ANGEL: THE INFERNAL DEVICES by Cassandra Clare

The last 39 CLUES book, INTO THE GAUNTLET by Margaret Peterson Haddix (she's been busy!)

RADIANCE by our own TFC sister, Alyson Noel

THE TWIN'S DAUGHTER by another of our own, Lauren Baratz-Logsted

UNRAVELED by agency sister Gena Showalter





How about you? Do you count down to release dates? Pre-order books because you can't wait to get to a bookstore? What YA titles are you looking forward to?

4 comments:

Amanda Ashby said...

Linda - I'm the same! Because I work in the teen section of the library as well, I find that I hardly ever read adult books anymore and I honestly don't miss them. Of course I will always stop everything for the new Janet Evanvich and Raymond E Feist, but most of the time, I'm waiting on YA books!!!!!

I'm on deadline now so my reading has trailed right off but as soon as the book is done I will be getting stuck into Mockingjay, Captivate, Linger, Clockwork Angel and about a gazillion others. Plus, I'm absolutely dying until December when Last Sacrifice comes out (that title is making me VERY nervous!!!!)

h. Raven said...

I just dropped off my manuscript today, so I have maybe two whole weeks (possibly three - - but that would make me giddy) to devour all the YA I can. So far my list includes: Mockingjay, Clockwork Angel, Deadgirls Dance. (I've come late to the Morganville Vampire series), and Treasure Island. I've been dying to read that. I wonder if Robert Louis Stevenson would be considered YA today?

Great post.

h. Raven

Wendy Toliver said...

I'm on a teensy reading hiatus b/c I am busy writing but I love how you have personal connections to most of the authors of the books you're looking forward to reading. That's how I am. I love reading and spreading the word about books written by people who aren't only great writers; they're great people.

Lauren Baratz-Logsted said...

I was away for a week - WOW! Thank you, Gerb!