Tuesday, August 17

Websites for "Reflecting"

I am pretty good at wasting time. That's right, it's a skill of mine. Also, I like to call wasting time "reflecting," especially when I need a writing break where I'm not staring at words. Here are three of my favorite visual websites:

1. Flower Power (shown). Point your cursor and draw to see what blooms. Super fun.

2. DJ Qwerty. Just trust me.

3. Self-promotion alert: Okay, I run this site but it's seriously still fun for me to click through. Before You Were Hot celebrates the awkward years. (Today's post is from one of my favorite NYC librarians!)

Share some favorites? I may need to add more "inspiration" into my day.

6 comments:

Wendy Toliver said...

It's been too long since I've visited Before You Were Hot :) Too fun!

Gerb said...

Aaaah! No! I really don't need more avenues for procrastination!!!

(But I love these sites. : ) )

Amanda Ashby said...

Of course I didn't just spend the last 10 minutes drawing pretty flower pictures. Nope, definitely not me!!!!!!!

h. Raven said...

DJ Qwerty is dangerous. If you cross that with Visual Thesaurus, would you get words that pulsed to music?

When I'm spacing out . . . wait. . . did I say "spacing out"? I meant writing. . yeah. . . when I'm writing, I like cruising You Tube, and looking at old, old videos like "I Heard it Through the Grapevine", "Sitting On the Dock of the Bay", "Magic Carpet Ride".

jonyangorg said...

This flower power thing is strangely addicting. Goodness. I need this as an iPhone app. Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie Kuehnert said...

Ditto, haven't been to Before You Were Hot in too long. I love that site!!!